Within the framework of the EU Strategy for the Alpine Region (EUSALP), 7 countries (Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Slovenia, Switzerland and Liechtenstein) and their 48 Alpine regions are working together with the European Commission on the sustainable development of the Alpine Region. One focus of the Strategy is the involvement of young people to make the Alpine Space fit for the future. The project “youth.shaping.EUSALP”, financed and organized by the European Commission and the Land Tirol, involves young people in a Youth Council, a youth project competition (“Pitch your project”), online participation opportunities and, last but not least, summer activities to make young people aware of the uniqueness of the Alpine Space.
To reach young people in all EUSALP countries this summer, we are looking for organizers that host youth events and camps in summer 2021.
A contribution for the organisation of the event is foreseen.
What do we offer?
- supports the implementation of 7 summer youth events or camps, one per country,
- contributes financially to the organization of the camps/events,
- designs and facilitates one day in one of the Alpine languages (German, Slovenian, Italian, French) or English that can be integrated in the program of the camps/events,
- communicates EUSALP and the Alpine Region to young people in a fun and interactive way,
- takes up the inputs and ideas of the young people in the follow-up and embeds them in a broader process with the EUSALP Youth Council,
- gives young people the opportunity to actively participate in the shaping of their living space,
- provides an EUSALP-wide network of youth organizations to actively participate in.
The EUSALP module will be included in the schedule of the event/camp. It will be designed, moderated and facilitated by youth.shaping.EUSALP and includes an interactive game as well as many interesting opportunities for the young participants involved. The financial contribution depends on the hosting country, is calculated on the basis of the Erasmus+ guidelines and ranges from € 950 (Slovenia) to € 1.125 (Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Austria).
What do we expect?
Events/youth camps wishing to host EUSALP modules should….
- take place in one of the 48 EUSALP regions between July, 1st and September 14th 2021,
- involve between 15 and 35 young participants (preferably in rural areas) aged 15-29,
- have an educational mission and/or strengthen young people’s connection to their territory,
- fully comply with respective national COVID-19 safety regulations,
- provide a schedule of dates and planned activities.
Applicant organizations can present their activity to be selected to host the modules no later than May 23, 2021.
Applications must include a short description of the organisation, their relevance and experience in the educational and youthwork field, as well as a general outline of the contents of the youth event they intend to present: schedule of activities, target group, duration, methodologies, topics.
All applications must be sent no later than May 23rd at the following email address:
Melanie Plangger – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ilaria Mardocco – email@example.com
For further information, you can get in touch with Associazione Culturale Eufemia Aps, in charge of the organisation of the modules on behalf of EUSALP.