Adapting ski resorts to climate change : the sharing of experience of « Métabief, Montagnes du Jura ». This event organized by the Doubs Department and Métabief ski resort will take place virtually on March 16th and 17th, 2021.
The meetings in Métabief raise the question of this dependence and how we can get out of it and invent a new model of mountain tourism. In order to reflect on this issue, the participants of these meetings are invited to visit the resorts, to understand the issues at stake and then extend the problem to the Alpine territory in association with all the mountain stakeholders.
Local and national French representatives will take part in these exchanges:
– Philippe ALPY, President of the Syndicat Mixte du Mont d’Or (Mont d’Or Joint Association)
– Christine BOUQUIN, President of the Doubs Department
– Christiane BARRET, General Delegate of the French Presidency of SUERA
– Marie-Guite DUFAY, President of the Burgundy-Franche-Comté Region
– Joël GIRAUD, Secretary of State in charge of Rural Affairs
– Jean-Baptiste LEMOYNE, Secretary of State in charge of Tourism
These meetings also fall within the framework of the Etats généraux de la transition du tourisme en montagne which will be organised throughout the year 2021 in all the French mountain territories.